Clouds and sun
44°
Clouds and sun
Hi 60° | Lo 42°

Warnings for home oxygen use

New Hampshire State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan encourages anyone living in a home where medical oxygen is used to take the necessary safety precautions.

There have been seven fatalities in New Hampshire since March 2005 caused by ignitions associated with home medical oxygen.

Safety tips include: 1) Post “No Smoking” and “No Open Flames” signs in and outside the home to remind people not to smoke; 2) Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used; 3) Candles, matches, wood stoves and even sparking toys, can be ignition sources; 4) Body oil, hand lotion and items containing oil and grease can easily ignite; 5) Never use aerosol sprays containing combustible materials near the oxygen.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.