M/cloudy
56°
M/cloudy
Hi 60° | Lo 42°

Jaffrey

Pizza Barn reopens after fire

An oven fire on Saturday forced the Jaffrey Pizza Barn to close for business overnight. An employee may have left a towel near the oven, which caught fire, according to owner Nicholas Panagiotes.

Employees used a fire extinguisher to douse the fire and there was no damage to the oven. According to Panagiotes, the chemicals from the fire extinguisher are not toxic and the stove can be used now that it has been cleaned. Casco Corp., out of Concord, specializes in repairing restaurant equipment and spent 10 hours taking apart and cleaning the different components of the stove.

“It was no big deal,” said Panagiotes.

The Jaffrey Pizza Barn’s Facebook page posted on Sunday, thanking employees for coming in and cleaning the restaurant from top to bottom.

The Jaffrey Pizza Barn reopened Monday.

-by Hayden James

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.