Antrim man charged with sexual assault
A man who has been living in Antrim was arrested in January on sexual assault charges, after he allegedly assaulted a juvenile on three different occasions.
Max Wilson, 69, of Antrim was changed with three misdemeanor counts of sexual assault, each of which represents a separate violation date, according to Hillsborough District Court staff.
Antrim Det. Jason Lepine said Monday that Wilson stayed with a family in Antrim for more than a year and during that time, he allegedly sexually assaulted the juvenile. The alleged assaults took place in Antrim and Concord, Lepine said. The juvenile involved is not an Antrim resident, but the alleged victim’s family are acquaintances of the family Wilson stayed with. Wilson became acquainted with the juvenile through some type of Bible study or a church group, Lepine said.
Wilson is not from Antrim but he has lived in New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania. Wilson is registered as a sex offender in New Hampshire and New York, according to Lepine. He registered as a sex offender with the Antrim police four times in the last year, Lepine said. Sex offenders need to register with police yearly or more frequently depending on past charges.
According to the New York State Criminal Justice Services website, in 2005, Wilson was convicted of sexually abusing a 12-year-old boy in Suffolk County.
Antrim police received the initial report with information regarding Wilson on Jan. 15 from the Merrimack County Advocacy Center, Lepine said. Police investigated and arrested Wilson on Jan. 30 at a residence on Concord Street.
Wilson is being held on $45,000 cash bail at the Hillsborough County House of Correction, Lepine said. A case status hearing is scheduled for June 5 at the 6th Circuit Court, Hillsborough.
Lindsey Arceci can be reached at 924-7172, ext. 232, or firstname.lastname@example.org.