Man, 52, charged with sexual assault
PETERBOROUGH — A 52-year-old Peterborough man is facing two charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and two charges of criminal restraint, after he allegedly engaged in sexual activity with a minor.
John F. Fortin was arrested on Friday, following an investigation by Peterborough Police that started in May 2012.
The alleged assaults took place between September 2011 and May 2012. The victim, a girl who was known to Fortin, was 12 years old at the time of the first assault.
According to an application for an arrest warrant filed by Peterborough Police Sgt. Michael Chapdelaine, the girl first told her mother and her aunt that she had been touched inappropriately by Fortin.
In a later interview at the Child Advocacy Center in Manchester, the girl said that several sexual assaults had occurred over several months. The application includes the girl’s descriptions of what happened.
Fortin was processed and released on $100,000 personal recognizance with a Sept. 16 court date in 8th Circuit Court, Jaffrey.
As a condition of bail, Fortin is forbidden to have any contact with children under the age of 18.