Jaffrey-Rindge School District

District still mum on leaves

Unclear if principal, teacher to return

Two weeks after Conant High School and Jaffrey-Rindge Middle School Principal John Barth and high school music teacher Leonard Holmes were placed on leave, officials are releasing little information about why the two men have been suspended.

On Friday, Jaffrey-Rindge School Superintendent Jim O’Neill confirmed that both Barth and Holmes are still on leave. O’Neill said he could not comment further on personnel issues.

O’Neill also would not comment on whether Barth and Holmes are being paid while on leave. Barth’s salary for the current school year is $102,500 and Holmes’s salary is $60,876.

O’Neill said Larry Pimental, the assistant principal at the high school, and Rob Clark, the middle school assistant principal, are supervising day-to-day activities at the two schools, where Barth had been in charge.

“They are both well-known to students and everyone in the district. They’re doing a great job, O’Neill said.

He said a substitute teacher with music experience is covering Holmes’ duties at the high school.

Barth and Holmes are not on the nomination lists for positions in the district next year. O’Neill said that is because they cannot be appointed for next year while they are on leave. He said decisions on their status for next year will not be made until after their leaves end. He could not say when that would occur.

Dave Anderson can be reached at 924-7172, ext. 233 or danderson@ledgertranscript.com. He’s on Twitter at @DaveAndersonMLT.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.