Extensive damage in Friday night house fire

Monadnock Ledger-Transcript
Monday, February 12, 2018 5:41PM

A Farnum Road house in Dublin has been rendered uninhabitable after a second-alarm fire on Friday night, according to Fire Chief Tom Vanderbilt. 

Vanderbilt said the fire happened near the chimney and burned a hole through the floor. The structure was saved, but there is “extensive work to do” to make the home habitable again, Vanderbilt said. 

“There were no injuries, but there was plenty of potential with the hole in the floor and ice in the driveway,” said Vanderbilt. 

Homeowners were present when the fire broke out, with crews being dispatched around 6:30 p.m., according to Vanderbilt.

It took about an hour and a half to get the fire under control as there were a number of hidden fires. Fire personnel cleared the scene around 10 p.m. 

Multiple fire departments – including Swanzey, Harrisville, Jaffrey, Marlborough, and Peterborough – responded, with Hancock covering the station, according to Vanderbilt. 

Nicholas Handy can be reached at 924-7172 ext. 235 or nhandy@ledgertranscript.com. He is also on Twitter @nhandyMLT.