×

Why isn’t Valera representing us?


Friday, July 20, 2018 3:31PM
Why isn’t Valera representing us?

To the editor:

On NHPR, I listened to a program regarding the attendance records of our NH House members.  Overall, it wasn’t a pretty picture.  So, I went on line to NHPR and obtained the attendance records of our three Greenville House representatives, Kermit Williams (District 4), Richard McNamara (District 38) and John Valera (District 38).  Mr. Williams had zero excused absences, 1% unexcused absence, for a total of 1% absences.  Excellent!  Mr. McNamara had 18% excused absences, 4% unexcused absences, for a total of 21% absences.  Compared to the average attendance, still pretty good.  Mr. Valera had 24% excused absences, 47% unexcused absences, for a total of 71% absences.  This is how he is representing his District?  If it is such an inconvenience for him to represent us, I say we need to vote him out of office.  It would embarrass me to only attend the legislative session 29% of the time.  Do you agree?

Rick Miller

Greenville